Registered Charity Number: 273480
First Registered: 5 May 1977
Copyright © FOBT 1999 - 2013
FRIENDS OF BUCKDEN TOWERS - TRUST DEED
1. The name of the Trust (hereinafter called "the Trust") is "The Friends of Buckden Towers".
2. The Office of the Trust will be situate in Buckden or in such other place as may from time to time be determined by the Council of Management.
3. The objects for which the Trust is established are as follows:-
To preserve or by making monetary grants to assist in the preservation for the benefit of the townspeople of Buckden in the County of Cambridgeshire and of the nation at large of the group of buildings situate at Buckden collectively called or known as Buckden Towers or Buckden Palace together with the land belonging thereto all of which buildings and land are together hereinafter called "the Towers".
AND in furtherance of that object but not otherwise to do all or any of the following things:-
(a) To raise funds by subscriptions, donations, grants, loans or otherwise for the purposes of the Trust; to invite and accept gifts of all sorts and whether inter vivos or by will and whether or not subject to conditions; to carry out any condition imposed on any gift which may be accepted.
(b) To apply the funds so raised for the purposes of repairing, renovating, restoring, rebuilding, furnishing, and generally maintaining the Towers or any part or parts thereof.
(c) To buy or otherwise acquire furniture and other equipment for use in connection with the Towers and to sell or otherwise dispose of any such furniture or equipment.
(d) To make or to assist in the making of such arrangements as are necessary to enable the public to view and enjoy the Towers or any part or parts thereof (whether free or at a charge).
(e) By publishing books or pamphlets or in other appropriate manner to make known to the public the existence of the Towers or the features of especial interest thereof.
(f) To support research including archaeological research by means of excavation into the history of the Towers.
(g) To invest the moneys of the Trust not immediately required for its purposes in or upon such investments, securities or property as may be thought fit, subject nevertheless to such conditions (if any) and such consents (if any) as may for the time being be imposed or required by law and subject also as hereinafter mentioned.
(h) To establish and support or aid in the establishment and support of any charitable associations or institutions and to subscribe money for charitable purposes in any way connected with the purposes of the Trust or calculated to further its objects.
(i) To co-operate with the owners for the time being of the Towers and with any local or public authority or other body concerned to achieve the objects of the Trust.
(j) Generally, to do any things necessary to the attainment of the Trusts main objects.
PROVIDED THAT in case the Trust shall take or hold any property which may be subject to any trusts, the Trust shall only deal with or invest the same in such manner as allowed by law, having regard to such trusts.
4. The funds of the Trust whencesoever derived shall be applied solely towards the promotion of the objects of the Trust as set forth in this Deed, and no portion thereof shall be paid or transferred directly or indirectly, by way of dividend, bonus or otherwise howsoever by way of profit, to the members of the Trust.
Provided that nothing herein shall prevent the payment in good faith of reasonable and proper remuneration to any officer or servant of the Trust or to any member of the Trust in return for any services actually rendered to the Trust, nor prevent the payment of interest on money lent or reasonable and proper rent for premises demised or let by any member to the Trust; but so that no member of the Council of Management or Governing Body of the Trust shall be appointed to any salaried office of the Trust or any office of the Trust paid by fees, and that no remuneration or other benefit in money or moneys worth shall be given by the Trust to any member of such Council or Governing Body, except repayment of out-of-pocket expenses and interest on money lent or reasonable and proper rent for premises demised or let to the Trust; provided that the provision last aforesaid shall not apply to any payment to any company of which a member of the Council of Management or Governing Body may be a member, and in which such member shall not hold more than one hundredth part of the capital, and such member shall not be bound to account for any share of profits he may receive in respect of any such payment.
5. If upon the winding up or dissolution of the Trust there remains, after the satisfaction of all its debts and liabilities, any property whatsoever, the same shall not be paid to or distributed among the members of the Trust but shall be given or transferred to some other charitable institution or institutions having objects which are similar to the objects of the Trust and which shall prohibit the distribution of its or their income and property among its or their members to an extent at least as great as is imposed on the Trust under or by virtue of Clause 4 hereof, such institution or institutions to be determined by the members of the Trust at or before the time of dissolution, and if and so far as effect cannot be given to such provision, then to some other charitable object.
6. Trust accounts shall be kept of the sums of money received and expended by the Trust and the matters in respect of which such receipts and expenditure take place, of all or any sales and purchases of property and goods by the Trust and of the property, credits and liabilities of the Trust, and subject to any reasonable restrictions as to the time and manner of inspecting the same that may be imposed in accordance with the regulations of the Trust for the time being, such accounts shall be open to the inspection of the members. Once at least in every year the accounts of the Trust shall be examined and the correctness of the income and expenditure account and balance sheet ascertained by one or more properly qualified Auditor or Auditors.
To return to the Top of This Page please click here
To return to the "About FOBT" Page please click here
Last Updated: 28-Jul-2012